“To Die For” Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 2/3C brown sugar, 1/4C flour, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 2T butter. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Recipe from Allrecipes.com
I love these muffins! Sean loves them too…and so does my student assistant and friend Emily. She actually wants these for her birthday, but I’m not sure about blueberries in April! The brown sugar topping (which was an edit from the original recipe but I thought sounded good) is really sweet and somewhat carmelizes in the baking process. This recipe is definitely in the keep file!
If you try these, please leave a comment and let me know how they came out and what you thought about them.
I would not fill completely to the top of the muffin pan. Fill normally and press the topping into the batter a little bit to prevent the brown sugar mixture from just rising with the batter and falling off. Also, it may be a good idea to get a liner for the bottom of the oven. I’m not looking forward to cleaning the baked-on sugar off the oven.