Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
- 1/2 cup firm butter or margarine
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place cookie mix in large bowl. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly and coarse. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining crumbs in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked crust. In medium bowl, mix pie filling and cinnamon. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over top. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool about 30 minutes. Refrigerate to chill, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
REVIEW: I love these bars! People always ask for the recipe whenever I serve them. The only problem I have run into is finding the regular Oatmeal Cookie Mix from Betty Crocker. I tend to find the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, which I guess would be okay, but haven’t tried it. Give yourself a little time to make this so you’re not in a hurry.